Nothing is better than taco chili!
Taco chili is perfect for a busy weeknight. You can have dinner prepped and on the table in under an hour, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This is a great substitute for boxed dinners that claim to offer the same convenience, but are loaded with chemicals and processed ingredients. Our taco chili is perfect for a big family meal or even when you are dining alone.
We love a great Mexican dish, especially when it is the cleaned up version of a classic favorite. Mexican food is delicious, but sometimes it tends to be a little full of saturated fat. This taco recipe puts on a spin on an original – chili – but adds an extra Mexican flair. It’s a little spicy, so if you are used to mild chili recipes, you’ll need to tone it down a bit. Rest assured, though, if you can handle the spice, it is well worth it. Spicy foods tend to offer health benefits not found in their mild counterparts. Peppers are filled with capsaicin and offer anti-inflammatory benefits.
If you are looking for other healthy Mexican favorites, check out our recipes for chicken tacos. Our homemade whole grain tortillas and Skinny Ms. taco seasoning recipes are also big hits Mexican food fans.
- 1 red onion large - diced
- 1 red bell pepper medium - diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper medium - diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 15 ounces tomato sauce canned - no sugar added
- 1 pound corn frozen - organic sweet corn is best
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounces black beans canned - no sugar added
- 1/2 pound corn chips no sugar added - crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large soup pot, warm your olive oil and then sauté the onions and bell pepper.
- Stir in the turkey meat and brown. Add everything except the black beans and corn chips crumbs (if using) and cook until the meat is done.
- If you wish the chili to have a less chunky texture, simply use an immersion blender to blend it up a bit (as we did in the photo above).
- Then stir in your black beans and chips and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.