Our family reserves Saturdays for Soft Chicken Tacos and Skinny Mexican Rice. We normally double the recipe and invite over friends. You won’t spend a lot time in the kitchen with this recipe, so you’ll have plenty of time to visit.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving our newest and best recipes via email, signup here: eNewsletter Signup.
Yields: 6 tacos | Serving size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 296 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 61mg |Sodium: 314 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 22 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 pound lean ground chicken (optional turkey or ground beef)
- 6 (8 inch) whole grain tortillas
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, optional sour cream
- In a large skillet cook ground chicken over medium-high heat, breaking up into small pieces. Drain cooked meat and discard any fat. Add Taco Seasoning and water, stir to combine and cook just until most water is absorbed.
- To warm tortillas, place a slightly damp paper towel between each one and microwave until heated through, approximately 45 seconds.
- Divide meat mixture evenly onto tortillas, top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and yogurt. Fold over tortillas and serve.