This teriyaki roasted chicken dish is perfect for weekday dinners.
Chicken teriyaki! Who doesn’t love chicken teriyaki? Pretty much no one, that’s who. So of course, Skinny Ms. has dreamed up a roasted chicken teriyaki dish that’s simple, healthy, and inspired. We don’t leave you wanting for much around here, do we?
Start off with the super-flavorful Skinny Ms. homemade teriyaki sauce recipe and then toss liberally with some choice drumsticks. Chicken drumsticks are a great source of lean protein, and our teriyaki sauce combines light, savory ingredients like mirin and soy sauce with an all natural sweetener, free of refined sugar and guilt, in the form of honey! If you’d like to up the ante with an impressive presentation, and also add a little extra kick, sprinkle on some chopped up scallions. They’ll look great and will bring nothing but more welcome flavor to the party.
This teriyaki roasted chicken dish is perfect for weekday dinners, weekend BBQs, and leftover lunches. The marinade flavor will only get better with time, so don’t be afraid to make a big batch of drumsticks and have them for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. And you won’t have to worry about finding alternatives that will make the whole family happy either, because the Skinny Ms. Roasted Chicken Teriyaki Drumsticks tend to be a crowd-pleaser, from the adults to the little kids, and everyone in between. So what are you waiting for? Put boring away and get your teriyaki on today!
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 full recipe homemade teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in teriyaki sauce in a shallow baking pan or sealable bag and marinate for a half-hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and roast chicken in a baking dish for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Spoon any remaining marinade over chicken for the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish with scallions, if desired. Serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Get clean eating recipes, innovative new workouts, and healthy lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox with our newsletter! And for even more Skinny Ms., check out our Facebook and Pinterest to stay informed!
We need your feedback! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this article, and tell us what you’d like to see more of!