Why hit the vending machine when you can have a yummy superfood snack, like Oven Baked Zucchini Chips? Zucchini is one of our vegetable favorites. With the perfect combination of seasonings, this recipe turns a mild-flavored vegetable into a tasty, crunchy treat. Skip the processed bag of chips, and replace it with these fantastic Oven Baked Zucchini Chips. They’re only 99 calories per serving!
Watch this video to see how to make Oven Baked Zucchini Chips.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 99 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 13 | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Sodium: 241 mg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8" - 1/4" slices
- 1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs, optional Panko (homemade breadcrumb recipe)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
- TIP: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.
- NOTE: For gluten free chips, use gluten-free bread crumbs.
Snacks You’ll Love:
Easily access the SkinnyMs. recipes you love the most– those that deliver mouth-watering tastes AND the nutrition you’re looking with The SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection.