Combine two summer drinks for one glass of Nantucket perfection.
This iced tea drink recipe is a blend of one part iced tea and one part lemonade. It’s a perfect, refreshing drink combination, and it’s not overly sweet!
Choose from several different methods to brew ice tea:
1. Set the tea in water in the sun for 3 to 6 hours.
2. Boil the water and steep the tea for 3 minutes (as described below).
3. Place the tea bags in water in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours (or longer).
Once your tea is brewed, prepare your delightful drink!
Nantucket Iced Tea
- 3 black tea bags substitute with green tea or white tea
- 5 lemons
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or 4 tablespoons stevia or 11/2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 1 gallon water 4 cups for boiling, the remaining cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup mint leaves fresh, loosely packed
- Boil the 4 cups of water and steep the teabags for 5 minutes, squeezing out the teabags into the water when removing. You want a strong tea as it will be blended with lemonade.
- Add the sweetener to the hot tea and stir. Squeeze five lemons over a fine mesh strainer to catch the seeds and into a bowl. You can also remove the seeds by hand.
- Add the ice cubes to a large pitcher and pour the steeped hot tea over. Add the cold water and the squeezed lemon juice. Taste your Nantucket. If more sweetener is needed, add it now.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.