If you’re looking for a lovely lower body, you need balance. Just imagine your ideal look: toned calves, strong and sleek thighs, and a bold and beautiful butt to complete the deal. In order to get all three, you’ll need the right workout mix. This means balancing all three body parts with the right exercises in order to help build muscles while also burning excess fat away. If you’re looking to give yourself the total package, try this glute and hamstring workout to learn the best way to transform your lower body – all within 16 minutes.
The Best Way To Transform Your Lower Body
Burning fat and building muscle is the standard for body transformation. When it comes to transforming a specific part of your body, you need an isolated workout that offers cardio and resistance training. This lower body workout provides the perfect exercise combo to accomplish this. For one exercise you’ll focus on building muscle with dumbbell resistance and for the next, you’ll be burning fat with some fast paced cardio work.
To complete this workout, you’ll need a range of dumbbells and an interval timer (which most phones have.)
Perform each exercise for 40 seconds with no rest in between. Complete 3 rounds, resting for 1 minute in between each round. In order to start the full lower body transformation, perform this workout three times a week. We’ve included instructional videos below to help you learn proper form!
- Walking Lunges w/ Dumbbells: Grab medium to heavy dumbbells. Walking lunges build, tone, and strengthen your entire lower body. Additionally, the resistance will build bigger muscles which will boost your fat-burning ability.
- Jumping Jacks: The cardio will help boost your metabolism and keep your heart rate up in order to make this workout a fat blaster.
- Lateral Lunge w/ Dumbbell: Side lunges work your entire lower body. This includes inner and outer thighs, which are typically more difficult to develop. Keep your core tight and bend over slightly as you reach out to the opposite leg.
- Jump Rope: Jumping rope has become a favorite cardio exercise lately. Regardless of your fitness level, start with traditional two legs and as you become more comfortable, switch up your rhythm.
- Goblet Squat: Grab a heavy dumbbell. Your elbows should end on the inside of your knees. Be sure to push off from your heels to target your glutes.
- Ski Jump: Although you alternate between legs, ski jumps are really single-leg focused. The jump from side to side requires balance and stability and the impact will condition your muscles to take on opposing force without any issue.
If you need a mid-day pick-me-up, try these 21 Energy-Boosting Lunches.
Walking Lunges w/ Dumbbells
Feeling like you’ve mastered this lower body workout? Maybe you’re looking to balance out your lower body with some upper body work? If so, be sure to try this 30-Minute Upper Body Cardio Workout.
Also, head on over to Pinterest and give us a follow, to see more workouts like this!