A super simple dish that'll make shrimp lovers rejoice!
Are you a fan of shrimp? If so, this Tomato Basil Shrimp Stew recipe is a must try! The prep is super simple and the final result is a perfect savory meal for the colder months. Because many stew recipes are loaded with red meat and served with a hefty side of white bread, healthy stew recipes aren’t always easy to find. This one will satisfy your cravings for comfort foods, but won’t pack on the pounds.
*This recipe has been offered to us by Mimi Marie, writer for Heavenly Healthy! Mimi Marie believes that true health encompasses everything from food and fitness to a balanced mind and soul.
Tomato-Basil Shrimp Stew
- 1 to 2 pounds baby shrimp regular sized shrimp is OK, too
- 30 ounces tomato sauce cans
- 6 ounces tomato paste can, for added thickness
- 2 to 4 cups water or vegetable broth depending on desired soupiness
- 1 lemon juiced
- 15 1/2 ounces garbanzo beans can
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper lots of pepper gives more zest!
- *Add chopped zucchini/squash about 1 hour before the soup is finished (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and set on low for 3-4 hours, or until shrimp is thoroughly cooked. You can also cook in a pot on the stovetop on low for about 1 hour before the soup is finished (Optional)
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite healthy recipe? We’d love to try it! Leave us a comment below.