There’s nothing like the flavor of everyone’s favorite coffee-shop drink, turned into a cake! Moist and delicious, this pumpkin-latte flavored cake is made even more amazing with a ribbon of spiced pumpkin cooked right into it. While your sweet tooth enjoys the indulgence, your body will enjoy the abundance of health benefits from the pumpkin. Naturally low in calories, chock-full of vitamin A, and brimming with cancer-fighting antioxidants, this pumpkin cake is a dream dessert! Tasty, healthy, and so simple to make!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
- 28 ounces pumpkin puree can
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups coconut palm sugar
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or maple extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder or decaf instant coffee (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 batch Skinny Ms. Non-dairy Whipped Topping optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 the can of pumpkin puree, flour, 2 eggs, coconut sugar, almond milk, canola, 1 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, vanilla, and espresso powder together. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined.
- In a second bowl, whisk together remaining pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, and honey.
- Spray the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread half the cake batter into the bottom of the crockpot. Spread the pumpkin mix on top. Top with the remaining cake batter. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- NOTE: Different crockpots cook cakes at different times, so if this is the first time you're cooking a cake in your slow cooker, stay nearby and test every 20-30 minutes after the first 2 hours of cooking. You'll know when it's done because the center of the cake will spring back when touched lightly.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before removing the lid. Slice and serve topped with our Non-dairy Whipped Topping. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipes you see on our website, such as this clean chocolate pudding? Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Subscribe to our newsletter.