Your sweet tooth will enjoy the indulgence and your body an abundance of health benefits!
We all look forward to that time of year where pumpkin spice flavored goodies become readily available in coffee shops across the country! There’s nothing quite like that warm and cozy flavor when it’s crisp and cool outside. It just screams, “Autumn is finally here!” Because we adore the flavor of pumpkin spice so much, we decided to take it and turn it into an absolutely scrumptious cake!
Your Favorite Coffee – Now in a Cake!
Pumpkin spice lattes actually taste more like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove than they do pumpkin. After all, these are the spices that make up the “spice” part of pumpkin spice! That said, there are still light, sweet notes of pumpkin, and even vanilla too! When all of these flavors combine, you end up with a seriously delightful beverage!
We’ve taken these ingredients and created a pumpkin spice flavored cake batter! Our moist and delicious, slow cooker pumpkin spice latte cake is made even more amazing with a ribbon of spiced pumpkin cooked right into it. While your sweet tooth enjoys the indulgence, your body will enjoy the abundance of health benefits from the pumpkin.
Fall’s Superfood (and More Clean Ingredients!)
Pumpkin is rich in both Vitamin C and something called beta-carotene. Your body converts beta-carotene into Vitamin A, which is critical for healthy eyes, a high-functioning immune system, and more! It’s also naturally low in calories and brimming with cancer-fighting antioxidants.
As if you needed any more reasons to try this tasty dessert, we were sure to use the healthiest ingredients possible. We used whole wheat flour which is less processed and contains more nutrients than white flour. We also used almond milk, coconut sugar, and honey to keep the sweeteners as natural as possible.
This pumpkin cake is a dream dessert! Tasty, healthy, and so simple to make, it’s sure to become a Fall staple in your kitchen!
Try serving this yummy slow cooker pumpkin spice cake with our Clean-Eating Whipped Topping.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
- 28 ounces pumpkin puree can
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups coconut palm sugar
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or maple extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder or decaf instant coffee (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 batch Skinny Ms. Non-dairy Whipped Topping optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 the can of pumpkin puree, flour, 2 eggs, coconut sugar, almond milk, canola, 1 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, vanilla, and espresso powder together. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined.
- In a second bowl, whisk together remaining pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, and honey.
- Spray the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread half the cake batter into the bottom of the crockpot. Spread the pumpkin mix on top. Top with the remaining cake batter. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- NOTE: Different crockpots cook cakes at different times, so if this is the first time you're cooking a cake in your slow cooker, stay nearby and test every 20-30 minutes after the first 2 hours of cooking. You'll know when it's done because the center of the cake will spring back when touched lightly.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before removing the lid. Slice and serve topped with our Non-dairy Whipped Topping. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think? Have you tried this delectable cake yet? Be sure to let us know in the comment section below!
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you enjoyed our pumpkin spice latte cake, we think you might also like to try these sweet treats:
Skip the coffee shop and make your own delicious skinny pumpkin spice latte at home! It’s full of the same incredible flavors but lower in calories.
A cool and refreshing take on a pumpkin spice latte. This smoothie is an excellent replacement for your morning coffee or even breakfast!
Sweet pumpkin and creamy cheesecake team up in this delectable pumpkin cheesecake. There’s a very good reason that we refer to it as the “best ever’.
“What’s for dinner?” Find answers to questions like this anytime by liking our Facebook page and following us on Pinterest. You’ll be the first to know about our latest and greatest recipes! You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter to get more dinners and dessert ideas delivered directly to your inbox!