How do I get a nice butt? Whatever you call it—booty, backside, derriere—this is the one question everyone asks. So how do you get those killer glutes that look great in everything from swimsuits to your favorite jeans? Check out these tips for a bodacious behind:
1. Be basic. Squats, lunges, and step-ups have been THE go-to glute-definers for years—and with good reason. They shape the buttocks, but they also define the body parts that frame and support that area, like thighs and hips.
2. Get good form. The best way to maximize the gluteus maximus is to use proper technique. Good form will, just as importantly, help reduce injury risk and allow you to get the most benefits out of your workout. If you’re new to an exercise, always watch a video (like one of these) or ask a personal trainer for guidance.
3. Maximize by modifying. When you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time to challenge those muscles by altering the routine. For example, if the typical lunge is your staple, add reverse lunges (step back rather than forward) to add complexity and to work different muscle groups.
4. Add a power boost. Amp up that rearview by using fitness equipment to increase weight or resistance to your exercises. Think exercise balls, resistance bands, kettlebells, or weights.
5. Be patient: A tight tush doesn’t magically appear after a workout or two. Commit to glute exercises at least 3 times a week, and you can expect visible changes in about 3-4 weeks.
Are you ready for a beautiful backside? Get started now with our Glute, Butt, Bootie Challenge.