This tropical fruit salsa is sweet, zesty, and everything you love. Scoop some up with baked tortilla chips or use it as a topping for chicken or fish. Either way, and we know you’ll think it’s delicious! Our Tropical Fruit Salsa uses a few different types of tropical fruits, but feel free to make changes, depending on what is in season. For example, substitute a can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (drained) for fresh pineapple, and nectarines make an excellent substitution when mangoes aren’t available.
Looking for a sweet treat? Try serving a batch of Tropical Fruit Salsa with our Whole Grain Cinnamon Pita Chips.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 83 | Total Fat: 0 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 181 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 gm | Dietary fiber: 3 gm | Sugars: 14 gm | Protein: 1 gm| SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 cup finely diced firm, ripe mango (1 to 2 peeled and pitted mangoes)
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored)
- 1 cup finely diced jicama or Granny Smith apples (about 1 jicama or 2 apples)
- 1 cup cucumber, (about 1 cucumber, peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno (about ½ jalapeno, seeds removed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped red onion or 3 tablespoons sliced scallion greens
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, stirring well. Serve immediately. Salsa can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.