This salsa boasts all the flavors of a tropical paradise!
This tropical fruit salsa is sweet, zesty, and everything you love. Scoop some up with baked tortilla chips or use it as a topping for chicken or fish. Either way, and we know you’ll think it’s delicious! Our Tropical Fruit Salsa uses a few different types of tropical fruits, but feel free to make changes, depending on what is in season. For example, substitute a can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (drained) for fresh pineapple, and nectarines make an excellent substitution when mangoes aren’t available.
Looking for a sweet treat? Try serving a batch of Tropical Fruit Salsa with our Whole Grain Cinnamon Pita Chips.
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup mango firm-ripe, 1 to 2 peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple about 1/2 pineapple - peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 cup jicama finely diced (about 1 jicama) or Granny Smith apples (about 2 apples)
- 1 cup cucumber about 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno about 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion finely chopped or 3 tablespoons sliced scallion greens
- 4 tablespoons lime juice about 2 limes - freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves fresh, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, finely chopped or parsley
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, stirring well. Serve immediately. Salsa can also be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.