Once every two weeks, I head to the gym intending to burn as much fat as possible. For me, this usually means sticking to my love of HIIT workouts. But it also means a full-body workout, lifting heavy weights, and moving fast. I usually leave with a drenched shirt! If you’re looking to lose weight and get ripped, try this workout three times a week.
You’ll need a pair of medium and heavy dumbbells, a yoga mat, and an interval timer (available on most smartphones).
Try this Workout to Lose Weight and Get Ripped
This workout works because there is no traditional rest. The only rest you’ll get is in between switching equipment or moving into a different workout area.
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, with no rest in between. Try to get through as many as you can before you rest, whether it’s after four reps or ten. Then, move on to the next exercise. When you need to stop, take a quick 30-second breather and jump back in. Complete four sets and you’ll be on your way.
- Burpees: All good things come from burpees. Although they are draining, it’s for a good reason.
- Bicep Curls: Grab your medium weights and slow your heart rate down a bit. This exercise lets you catch your breath while still pushing your muscles.
- Dumbbell Row: Grab your heavy dumbbells and row one arm at a time. Be sure to keep your elbows toward the body.
- Floor Dumbbell Chest Press: No bench is needed with this exercise, so you can do them anywhere! Grab your heavy dumbbells; once you feel your tricep hit the ground, press back up.
- Bicycle: This is one of the best full-purpose ab exercises. Perform the first half fast and the second half slow.
- Dumbbell Squat with Overhead Press: Grab your medium weights to enjoy this two-part exercise.
- Single-Leg Deadlift: This is one of those overlooked leg exercises. They help strengthen and build your hamstrings and works on minor muscles.
Dumbbell Floor Chest Press
Dumbbell Squat with Overhead Press
Exercise is always only part of the solution. To get the best results, try The Meal Plan Designed to Lose Weight in Two Weeks or Less.
Follow us on Facebook to get workout inspiration delivered to your newsfeed.