This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious!
Are you looking for a simple recipe that is a complete meal? This combination of turkey cutlets with quinoa will do the trick! Quinoa makes a delicious pilaf and pairs perfectly with our flavorful turkey cutlets. Healthy quinoa foods are a great substitute for meals that typically feature rice or pasta. These nutritious quinoa cutlets taste great and are one of the healthiest pairings available for dinner. Leftovers even make a great lunch the next day.
Turkey cutlets are often overlooked when it comes to choosing a protein for dinner. Most people opt for chicken breast or fish. Both are extremely healthy choices, but over time, the same foods can get boring. Turkey cutlets mix things up a bit and provide than comforting taste you associated with family holiday meals. Mixed with quinoa pilaf, your family enjoys a complete, healthy meal that is easy to prepare and low in calories and saturated fat.
Do you love to cook with Quinoa or want to learn? Learning to cook with quinoa is simple! Your family will love these recipes, including our decadent Fudge. Enjoy the fantastic recipes featured in The New Quinoa E-book.
Turkey Cutlets with Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup white quinoa dry, rinsed or pre-rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup green peas frozen, no added sugar
- 2 tablespoons pistachios diced - optional
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 16 ounces turkey cutlets 4 pieces
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoon canola oil, heat to medium-low, and sauté shallot slices until tender, about 5 minutes. Add dry quinoa, chicken broth, bay leaf, and green peas; stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, and remove bay leaf and discard. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add pistachios, allow to sit 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork, and serve with cutlets.
- While pilaf is cooking, cook turkey cutlets. Add remaining canola oil to a large skillet, and heat to medium-high. Season cutlets, add to the hot skillet and sear on each side until browned and crispy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.