Nutritious cupcakes for dinner? You know it!
Nutritious cupcakes for dinner? You know it! Guaranteed fun for the whole family, this recipe stuffs muffin cups with a fluffy turkey meatloaf and tops each with mashed potato icing.
Our mouthwatering Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes incorporate a delicious jumble of whole wheat bread crumbs, savory sauces, and flavorful herbs with lean, protein-packed turkey.
Unlike conventional mashed potato recipes, this one opts for lighter ingredients like low-fat milk. Pop the cupcakes in the fridge overnight and pack the satisfying delights for tomorrow’s lunch.
Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated (grate on large holes of a cheese/box grater)
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves fresh, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 russet potatoes large, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup milk low-fat
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 cups of a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain. Mash potatoes with olive oil, salt, and milk.
- Meanwhile, mix meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Hands may be used. Divide meatloaf evenly into 12 muffin cups, 3/4 of the way full, pressing the meat in.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. The inside should read 165 degrees when pierced with a meat thermometer. Cool muffins for about 4 to 5 minutes, remove from tin, and spread each evenly with mashed potatoes, lifting spatula to create peaks if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Let us know! Leave us a comment below.