Enjoy sweet potatoes all year long, not just on the holidays! This Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Chives recipe gives the prized vegetable a scrumptious new twist.
This easy-to-follow recipe waves goodbye to traditionally candied, unhealthy sweet potato dishes. Our recipe puts fresh ingredients in the spotlight and makes a wonderful side dish packed with bright flavors and creamy textures.
Baked sweet potatoes are stuffed with a mouthwatering mixture of olive oil, creamy Greek yogurt, and spicy nutmeg. Even the skins, sprinkled with feta cheese and chives, are brimming with unique Mediterranean flavor.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 139 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 360mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 5g |
- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and pierced several times with a fork
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons nonfat or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet or directly on oven rack.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until fork tender.
- Do not turn off oven.
- Cut each sweet potato in half once cool enough to handle. Use a spoon to scoop out most of the flesh of each sweet potato from the skin, leaving a little intact on the sides and bottom.
- Use a potato masher to mash the sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil, greek yogurt, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Place skins on baking sheet. Scoop potatoes back into skins. Sprinkle with feta and use a fork to push some of the cheese into the potatoes. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and return to the oven, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives just before serving and enjoy!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article and anything else on the site.