Store overnight and enjoy for tomorrow’s lunch!
If you’re on the hunt for a satisfying side dish with a glorious presentation, look no further than this Two Bean Vegetable Toss! The refreshingly vibrant recipe relies on 2 uber-healthy legumes, garbanzo beans and black beans, to make up the bulk of the dish. With a few more chopped vegetables like juicy plum tomatoes, tender asparagus, and crunchy corn, an assortment of flavors and textures adds delicious diversity to the toss. The colorful blend of nutrient-rich superfoods dressed in a mixture of delectable garnishes will have your dinner guests coming back for seconds. Store overnight and enjoy for tomorrow’s lunch!
Two Bean Vegetable Toss
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, no salt added, rinsed and drained (we used Eden Organic)
- 15 ounces black beans can, no salt added, rinsed and drained (we used Eden Organic)
- 2 carrots small, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli fresh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup corn fresh
- 1 cup plum tomatoes fresh, squeeze out seeds and dice into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound asparagus cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup zucchini fresh, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup bell peppers red, yellow, and green, remove seeds and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 jalapeno fresh, remove the seeds and finely chop
- 1/2 cup green onions whites only
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil optional olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar raw (we used Coconut Secrets Vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the beans to a strainer and rinse under lukewarm water. Allow to drain for a few minutes then transfer to a big bowl. Cut all the vegetables to the same bite-size pieces, add to the beans.
- In a small bowl add the lemon juice, oil, garlic, vinegar, jalapeno, & the spices, mix well. Pour this mixture over the bean & vegetable mixture making sure to mix well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms