Tired of oatmeal every morning, but still want something hearty and nutritious? This quinoa breakfast dish with blueberries is a delicious replacement for your usual breakfast. The quinoa is lightly flavored with vanilla extract, and the blueberries are roasted with heart-healthy coconut oil for a breakfast bowl that you’ll be eager to add to your morning routine.
Vanilla Quinoa and Roasted Blueberry Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the quinoa, water, and vanilla in a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Toss the blueberries with the coconut oil and cinnamon. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet (don’t skip the parchment!) Roast until soft and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the quinoa topped with the roasted blueberries. Top with a few fresh blueberries, coconut, or slivered almonds if desired.