If you've never tried warm salad, you need to try this!
Do you ever forget about your favorite dress, or a pair of earrings, or maybe your most comfortable pair of flats, only to rediscover and fall in love with it all over again? It happens to me quite often, and not just with clothing and accessories. This past weekend, I rediscovered how much I love cauliflower.
Growing up, my dad used to boil cauliflower florettes, put them into an egg wash, drench them in bread crumbs and then pan fry them: amazing. I’m not going to go as far as to say that mashed cauliflower would replace mashed potatoes for me, but it’s definitely a vegetable I enjoy.
Mango & Tomato is a Washington DC area food blog. Here you’ll find my original recipes, cookbook and restaurant reviews, travel and food photography. Look around, keep in touch, and come back soon!
Inspired by Apron Anxiety’s Jennifer’s Warm Potatoes with Mustard Recipe
Warm Cauliflower Salad
- 1 cauliflower separated into florettes and cooked until tender in salted water - do not overcook!
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red onions thinly sliced
- Drain the cauliflower and put it into a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to the cauliflower.
- Add capers and red onions to the cauliflower and mustard dressing and gently combine.
- Serve right away.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms