These healthy pancakes are perfect for the whole family!
This tasty treat is perfect for a weekend family breakfast. Your family will love these delicious whole grain pancakes, and you can feel good about serving up this superfood breakfast. This recipe for healthy banana blueberry pancakes is a great energy booster, and contains additional fiber and potassium. Pancakes are sometimes a no-no for people watching their calorie or carbohydrate intake. Fortunately, these pancakes are made with whole grains, so the carbs are complex. These are the carbs your body needs and that do not instantly convert into sugar.
Pancakes are one of the most loved breakfast foods in the world. They can be jazzed up with syrup or fruit (in this case blueberries) and they pair well with other common breakfast favorites, such as eggs and sausage. We love these pancakes because they are packed with healthy antioxidants and whole grains. They are great for a celebratory breakfast, a lazy Sunday brunch, or even on a weekday morning when you have a few extra minutes to whip up something hearty.
Whole-Grain Banana Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour see below for instructions on making your own
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts diced - optional
- 2 eggs slighly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. in another mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pour wet mixture into dry, and stir until combined and most lumps disappear; fold in blueberries.
- Heat griddle to 350°, or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on griddle. Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and pour on 1/4 cup pancake mix. Turn pancakes over when they begin to dry around the edges and are golden on the bottom. if desired, top pancakes with additional blueberries and bananas, and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.