A classic toast breakfast or snack packed with protein for extra energy!
Every good breakfast needs fiber and protein! They boost your energy and keep you full, while also helping eliminate sugar and junk food cravings later in the day. If you want to start your day full of protein and fiber, this whole grain peanut butter and fruit toast is the breakfast for you. Almonds and peanut butter are both excellent sources of protein, and whole-grain bread has more fiber and B vitamins than white bread. While this is a great breakfast any day of the week, it’s especially great after a serious workout. The protein and complex carbs will help your body recover and build muscle, while the fresh fruit keeps you awake and refreshed. You can even switch up the fruit to suit your own taste!
Whole Grain Peanut Butter and Fruit Toast
- 2 slices whole-grain bread toasted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 1 banana small, sliced
- 2 strawberries large, sliced
- 2 tablespoons almonds sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- Spread the peanut butter on each slice of toast. Layer the bananas and strawberries on top, alternating banana and strawberry. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Sign up for our newsletter, and we’ll send you tons of tasty, clean recipes!