Every good breakfast needs fiber and protein! They boost your energy and keep you full, while also helping eliminate sugar and junk food cravings later in the day. If you want to start your day full of protein and fiber, this whole grain peanut butter and fruit toast is the breakfast for you. Almonds and peanut butter are both excellent sources of protein, and whole-grain bread has more fiber and B vitamins than white bread. While this is a great breakfast any day of the week, it’s especially great after a serious workout. The protein and complex carbs will help your body recover and build muscle, while the fresh fruit keeps you awake and refreshed. You can even switch up the fruit to suit your own taste!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 toast | Calories: 382 | Total Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 116mg | Carbohydrates: 30g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 17
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or any other nut butter
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- Spread the peanut butter on each slice of toast. Layer the bananas and strawberries on top, alternating banana and strawberry. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with honey. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for our newsletter, and we’ll send you tons of tasty, clean recipes!