You can have a filling, balanced breakfast with hardly any prep!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but busy people often have less time to prepare it. Well, thanks to our Baked Banana Oatmeal recipe, you can have a filling, balanced breakfast with hardly any prep! This breakfast dish features bananas and peanut butter in a casserole, so it’s easy to make ahead and throw in the oven later. We’ve used rolled oats to keep you full and satisfied, eggs and walnuts for a boost of protein, and cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond extract for flavor. It’s sweetened with maple syrup and honey, plus we’ve used almond milk to keep it dairy-free.
The best thing about this recipe is how customizable it is! If your feeding it to your young ones, add chocolate chips or substitute with their favorite fruit! It also reheats well, so you can freeze it in individual portions for a quick, weekday breakfast.
Baked Banana Oatmeal
- 2 bananas medium, very ripe and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a medium-sized baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, egg, peanut butter, almond extract, syrup, honey, milk, and coconut oil. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared dish. If desired, additional sliced banana, walnuts, or toasted coconut can be placed on top of the batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until light brown and slightly firm. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also enjoy:
What’s your go-to quick and easy breakfast dish? Share your favorites with us in the comments!