This quesadilla will give you the nutrients and the energy you need to power through your day.
Are you looking for a way to liven up breakfast? This spinach and white bean breakfast quesadilla will do just that! It’s a cheesy treat that tastes indulgent, but is actually good for you. White beans are a great source of plant protein and fiber, so you’ll stay full until lunch. You’ll also sneak in a serving of greens, so you’ll be starting the day full of calcium, iron, vitamin K, and vitamin A, and you’ll get your B-vitamins, thanks to the whole-wheat tortillas.
This quesadilla will give you the nutrients and the energy you need to power through your day. Plus, it’s so delicious that you just might start making it for dinner some nights too!
Spinach and White Bean Breakfast Quesadilla
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup spinach fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup navy beans cooked
- 3 egg whites lightly whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese low-fat, shredded
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium heat. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove any excess liquid, and add beans, egg whites, and salt. Scrambled the mixture until eggs are cooked through.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining one teaspoon of olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, place one tortilla in the oil. Quickly sprinkle half of the spinach and egg mix and top with half of the cheddar and half of the mozzarella cheese. Place a second tortilla on top. When cheese begins to melt and the bottom tortilla has begun to brown, carefully flip the quesadilla to cook the second side. When the second is browned remove from the pan and let cool slightly before cutting and servings. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite way to ingest your daily vitamins? Let us know what you thought of this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on our site in the comments below! We’d love to hear from you.