This salad is so delicious!
Baby romaine, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, and Napa cabbage are vegetable superstars that are both nutrient-rich and healing.
Wild Salmon Vegetable Salad with Lemon Miso Dressing
For the Salad
- 10 ounces wild salmon fillets skin on or 2-6 ounce cans of wild salmon*
- 1 lemon small, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby romaine or mixed baby greens, rinsed
- 1 cup napa cabbage rinsed and thinly shredded
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shaved and diced
- 1 persian cucumber thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1 recipe for Lemon miso dressing make while cooking the salmon
For the Lemon Miso Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey raw
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh peeled, grated
- 1 lemon small, organic, peel, use flesh and juice from lemon
- 2 tablespoons white miso non-genetically modified
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon filtered water
To Make the Salad
- If you purchased fresh salmon fillets remove any pin bones and place salmon fillets skin side down on top of lemon slices in a baking sheet lined with parchment or lightly greased. Drizzle salmon with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season to taste with unrefined sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Set salmon aside at room temperature for around 15 minutes while you preheat the oven at 250 ̊ F (120 ̊ C).
- Once oven preheats place salmon in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes depending on thickness of fish. To check doneness of fish stick a knife in center of the fillets and remove. Fish is done when knife slides out easily. The fish will still look slightly translucent in color but it is done.
- Remove fish and cool. Remove fillets from skin and break into pieces. If using canned salmon, drain and flake into small chunks. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Place lettuce on plates and top with all the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with lemon miso dressing and enjoy!
To Make Lemon Miso Dressing
- Makes around 1 cup.
- Add all ingredients for dressing in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Set aside the dressing while you put together the salad.
- Store leftover dressing in glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms