This recipe is a triple threat: ultra nutritious, super tasty, and visually stunning.
This Wilted Kale, Broccoli, and Cherry Tomatoes recipe is a triple threat: ultra nutritious, super tasty, and visually stunning. The colorful creation serves as the perfect accompaniment to any meal and provides a ton of health benefits your body will love.
Kale is a low-calorie, high fiber superfood that promotes good digestion, lowers blood sugar levels, and curbs hunger. In its sautéed form, the silky-smooth texture of kale is melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious. Nutrient-dense broccoli adds hearty chewiness to your dish. Accompanied by the juicy cherry tomatoes, it tastes simply irresistible. Decorate your greens with sautéed onions and wholesome seasonings for a vegetable dish bursting with rich, bold flavors.
Wilted Kale, Broccoli, and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onions or yellow, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water or vegetable/chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bunch Italian kale (the dark green flat kale, also called Tuscan kale), cleaned, tough ribs removed, and torn or chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved (1 pint)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat, for about 5 to 8 minutes, until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add 3 tablespoons water or broth to the pan. Add broccoli. Add kale on top of broccoli. Cover.
- Steam over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and pepper, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What veggies would you like to see featured on Skinny Ms.? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you.