When it comes to versatile veggies, zucchini tops the charts, hands-down. From pasta and fries to baked goods and fritters, zucchini can become just about anything. Well, in this brilliant recipe, zucchini brings a beloved breakfast dish to life–pancakes!
These crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside pancakes are bursting with zucchini bread flavors. With these pancakes, you’ll start your day with 100% clean ingredients, like honey, coconut oil, oat flour, cinnamon, and eggs. Meanwhile, with zucchini taking centerstage, an ordinary breakfast gets an extraordinary nutrition boost thanks to the numerous vitamins and minerals the superfood has to offer. Not to mention, the emerald vegetable lends garden-fresh goodness to an already-delicious dish.
With guilt-free ingredients and a boatload of nutrients, this recipe lets you indulge in a stack of mouthwatering pancakes without worrying about your waistline. In fact, enjoying these delights in the morning means sneaking in a dose of veggies before lunchtime rolls around. These simple, scrumptious pancakes are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Serve them for weekday breakfast or weekend brunch. Either way, you’ll want seconds!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 pancake | Calories: 169 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 185mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combing the milk, egg, honey, oil, vanilla, and zucchini. Mix well to combine. In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients and gradually add to the zucchini mixture. Gently stir until just combined, be careful not to over mix!
- Lightly spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until pancakes begin to bubble in the center. Carefully flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove pancake from the pan and repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Grease the skillet as needed with non-stick spray in-between cooking the pancakes.
- Serve hot, if desired top with maple syrup, honey, coconut butter, fresh fruit, or your favorite jam!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.