An easy grab-and-go breakfast to keep to energized all day long.
Breakfast burritos are a great grab-n-go meal, especially when you’re busy. Our Zucchini and Egg Breakfast Burrito recipe is simple to prepare and high in protein to keep you full all morning. We’ve used turkey bacon, low-fat cheese, and wheat tortillas to keep it lean, and added zucchini and peppers for added nutrients.
One of the great things about these breakfast burritos is that you can customize them however you like. Add sausage instead of bacon, or even switch up the veggies to your liking. Any way you choose to enjoy them, they’re are a perfect breakfast item to enjoy on the go!
Zucchini and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 1 slice turkey bacon nitrate-free, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg large
- 1 tablespoon water combine with egg and whip with a fork
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese low-fat, shredded
- 1 whole-grain flour tortillas 6 inch
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. When bacon beings to turn crispy, add zucchini, red pepper, and salt. Cook until zucchini begins to brown. Add egg mixture and scramble until the egg is cooked to the desired consistency.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface, spoon egg mix onto the tortilla, and top with cheese. Fold in the sides and roll tortilla to form a burrito. If desired, serve with your favorite salsa!
- OPTION: For an egg white only burrito, substitute 2 egg whites for the whole egg. Continue with recipe as directed.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite breakfast burrito fillings? Let us know in the comments section!