Breakfast burritos are a great grab-n-go meal, especially when you’re busy. Our Zucchini and Egg Breakfast Burrito recipe is simple to prepare and high in protein to keep you full all morning. We’ve used turkey bacon, low-fat cheese, and wheat tortillas to keep it lean, and added zucchini and peppers for added nutrients.
One of the great things about these breakfast burritos is that you can customize them however you like. Add sausage instead of bacon, or even switch up the veggies to your liking. Any way you choose to enjoy them, they’re are a perfect breakfast item to enjoy on the go!
Yields: 1 serving | Serving Size: 1 burrito | Calories: 450 | Total Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 1341mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 21g | SmartPoints: 15
- 1 slice nitrate-free turkey bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon water, whipped with a fork
- 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6-inch) whole grain flour tortilla
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. When bacon beings to turn crispy, add zucchini, red pepper, and salt. Cook until zucchini begins to brown. Add eggs and scramble until eggs cooked to desired consistency.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface, spoon egg mix onto tortilla, and top with cheese. Fold in side and roll tortilla to form a burrito. If desired, serve with your favorite salsa!
- OPTION: For an egg white only burrito, substitute 2 egg whites for the whole egg. Continue with recipe as directed.
- NOTE: If you would like to make two servings, simply double the recipe.
What are your favorite breakfast burrito fillings? Let us know in the comments section!