Enjoy the comfort of pasta without the extra calories.
Ever heard of zoodles? If you’ve never had zucchini pasta in place of the real thing, you’re missing out. Zucchini noodles are scrumptious, nutrient-rich veggie replacements for carby pasta. With Zucchini Noodle Carbonara, you can enjoy the comforting flavors and textures of pasta at a fraction of the calories. What’s not to love?
Our recipe combines zucchini noodles with a classic carbonara recipe for an irresistibly low-carb, fiber-filled meal. The prep and ingredients are simple, scrumptious, and squeaky-clean. All you have to do is combine the creamy sauce and zoodles in a skillet. Canadian bacon gives the pasta that smoky taste without the fat and calories. Serve and enjoy!
Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
- 4 zucchini large
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 deli ham slices or Canadian bacon, diced, nitrate-free (Boar's Head was used in this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Using either a spiral slicer or julienne peeler, cut zucchini into noodles. Lay noodles on a paper towel and sprinkle evenly with the salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Whisk egg yolks with egg and cheese until well combined. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp. Add zucchini noodles and stir until warmed through. Reduce heat to low and stir in egg mixture. Turn off heat and stir noodles until eggs are just cooked.
- Season with black pepper before serving. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite zoodle recipe? Let us know! Join the conversation and leave a comment in the section below.