Photo: Quinoa Almond Joy Bars
Snack alert! It doesn’t matter whether you want to lose weight or just take charge of your health, finding clean-eating snacks should be on your to-do list. It’s time to banish the processed who-knows-what’s-in-it stuff from the kitchen and pantry, and replace it with these 10 clean-eating snacks under 150 calories. Low-calorie snacks are a must if you’re going to take control of your weight and body. Why? For years, most of us heard the advice that said 3 meals a day was best. We now understand the body better. Going for long stretches between meals triggers a drop in blood sugar. That drop can cause us to “snap” and reach for whatever foods are available, whether they’re healthy or not; it also can cause overeating at meal time. And, since blood sugar dips can influence mood, regular snacking prevents those hunger pangs from transforming you into a cranky zombie (hey, we’ve all been there!). But all snacks are not created equally; too many have added sodium, sugar, fat, and calories that will quickly ruin any dreams you had of fitting into that little black dress you’ve had your eye on. So snack away…but do it with nutritious choices that feed your body the nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, and protein it deserves.
Clean-eating snacks, in the right portion sizes, are exactly what you need to lose weight and feel better. (Learn more with Clean-Eating Tips- Do’s and Don’ts.) Does that mean you need to sacrifice taste because you’re choosing weight loss snacks to nibble? Absolutely not. These snacks are tasty and, once you get accustomed to clean-eating foods that are not loaded with chemicals and additives, you may find that you don’t even want to go back to those old eating habits.
10 Clean-Eating Snacks Under 150 Calories:
1. Oven Baked Zucchini Chips This 99-calorie snack is packed with the clean-eating ingredients your body needs to handle kids, parents, pets, and everyone in between.
2. Skinny Berry Parfait Skinny never tasted so good! When it comes to weight loss foods, this mix of healthy oats, berries, and yogurt is the perfect way to satisfy the sweet snack tooth. Plus, it has just 139 calories!
3. Baked Onion Rings You’ll love this snack, which has only 111 calories per serving. Instead of white flour, this uses gluten-free flour for a healthy alternative to typical onion ring recipes.
4. Bell Pepper Candy You want low-calorie snacks? We’ll do you one better. This is a zero calorie snack. These bell pepper strips, which you can make in a dehydrator or oven, have just 12 calories per serving—you’ll burn more calories chewing and digesting them!
5. Refreshing Lemon-Lime Popsicles Who says you’re too old to cool off with a popsicle? These treats have just 93 calories each and none of the artificial colors and ingredients in many store-bought brands, making them the perfect clean-eating snacks for cooling off on a hot day or after an intense workout.
6. Quinoa Almond Joy Bars These mini bars taste like the real thing but with only 94 calories per bar.
7. Chocolate-Dipped Banana Dip half a banana into 2 squares of melted dark chocolate for an antioxidant boost that treats your sweet tooth.
8. Skinny Ms. Ranch Dip & Veggies Two tablespoons of this clean-eating dip has just 30 calories, ideal for your low-calorie snacks menu. Pair it with celery, broccoli, or a few baby carrots.
9. Apple & Peanut Butter Dip the slices from 1 apple into 1 teaspoon of all-natural peanut butter.
10. Kale Chips With just 142 calories per serving, this treat delivers nothing but clean-eating yumminess. The southwestern spice blend adds a nice flavor to these low-calorie snacks.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms… Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals! For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites. Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.