“Skinny” Bell Pepper Candy
Forget what you’ve heard about ‘3 Square Meals a Day’. Doctors now know that our bodies actually function better when we fuel them in more regular intervals. Snacking between meals is important to maintaining body function, improving energy levels, and avoiding binging at meal times. Not all snacks are created equal, however. It’s important to look for snacks that are low in calories, but are nutritious, too.
Here are 20 Healthy Snacks with Fewer than 75 Calories:
1. A Small Banana
To learn why bananas made our Superfood List, click here.
2. Air Popped Popcorn (2 cups)
3. Rice Cakes (2)
4. Sliced Carrots and Hummus (1 tbsp.)
5. Sliced Strawberries (1 cup)
6. Edamame (1/2 cup)
7. String Cheese
8. Grapes (1 cup)
Learn more about the health benefits of grapes here.
9. Celery and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
10. A Hard Boiled Egg
11. Raisins (small box)
13. Greek Yogurt -(1/2 cup) and a few blueberries
14. A Small Apple
Find out about the health benefits of apples here.
15. Sliced Turkey (3 slices) and Romaine Lettuce Wraps
16. Baked Fruit Chips (1 cup)- Bake at home to avoid added sugars
17. Sliced Tomato and Feta (1 cube, crumbled)
18. Celery and Peanut Butter (1 tsp.)
19. An Apple Sandwich– Slice apple horizontally. Spread 1 tsp. of peanut butter over one apple slice. Top with raisins, and another apple slice.
20. A Clementine (Cutie) Orange
Looking for more nutritious and delicious snack options? Check out our SkinnyMs. Snack Round-Up!