Our Roasted Asparagus & Peppers dish is a real eye-catcher! Brightly colored bell peppers roast to perfection and deliver a silky-smooth texture that’ll make you swoon. Crunchy, tender asparagus releases a rich flavor that complements the peppers wonderfully. Tossed with onions, garlic, and thyme, this dish offers natural flavors that’ll take your taste buds on a stroll through the garden.
This vegetarian-friendly meal is a snap to prepare and packs a bunch of vitamins and minerals into your menu. It also delivers a healthy dose of filling fiber. So what are you waiting for? Add some spruce to your meal by whipping up this savory recipe!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 91 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 152mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Sodium: 2g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottom woody stems removed and discarded (about 1 to 1-1/2-inch on bottom)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Toss asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and lightly brown.
Serve and enjoy!
Loved the recipe? Have some favorite vegetable dishes to share? Let us know! Leave a comment below.