As the weather heats up this summer, there’s no better time to get outside and enjoy longer days and beautiful skies. Forget stuffy gym workouts; why not try an outdoor workout that is sure to get your lungs working hard to take in some nice, fresh air?! Our Summer Stairs Challenge lets you enjoy the summer weather, and it’s guaranteed to give you one heck of a workout.
For this workout, you will need access to a long staircase, preferably an outdoor stadium, such as a local high school or college stadium.
Hit the stairs 3 x’s weekly, and expect to spend 20 – 30 minutes working out. You will have some soreness for a few days, but the benefits to your entire body are well worth it.
In the beginning, walk up the stairs until you feel comfortable going faster. It’s a good idea to run or walk along side a railing, in case you need to grab on for balance at some point.
The Workout: Perform the following circuit 5 times and increase by one each time you go to the stadium, until you’ve reached 20 circuits.
Be sure to watch the video below to ensure you are using correct form, and always stretch before beginning your Summer Stairs Challenge.
- Walk fast up the stairs taking two at a time…all the way to the top. Run, when you’re ready.
- Walk down…always walk down
- Tricep Dips using the stadium stairs – 20 reps
- Walk fast up the stairs
- Walk Down the stairs
- Push-ups using stadium stairs – 10 reps
- Repeat for a total of 5 circuits (increase circuits by one each time you go to the stadium, until you’ve reached 20 circuits)
Also, be sure to check out our program created to help you get the body of your dreams…TOTAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM.