Make the most of the most versatile item in your home!
It’s time to rethink an everyday household item. Baking soda has been kept in the fridge far too long. It’s time to take it out the fridge and make the most out of it. We’ve combined 45 baking soda uses including body care, cooking, and around-the-home. Enjoy.
1. Soothe Your Feet: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak feet. Gently scrub.
2. Treat Insect Bites & Itchy Skin: Make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply to affected skin. To ease the itch, shake some baking soda into your hand and rub it into damp skin after bath or shower.
3. Antacid: Combine 1/2 teaspoon baking soda with 4-ounces water to help soothe heartburn and an upset stomach.
4. Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant: Make a paste with a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to water. Rub gently in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This can be used daily.
5. Remove Odors: Remove strong odors from your hands by rubbing them with baking soda and water. This is the perfect remedy after cutting up onion or garlic.
6. Help Canker Sores: Relieve canker sore pain by combing 1/2 teaspoon baking soda with 4-ounces of water, and gargle.
7. Relieve Poison Ivy and Oak: Combine baking soda with water to make a paste and relieve poison ivy itch.
8. Skin Softener: Add a cup of baking soda to bathwater to soften your skin.
9. Diaper Rash: Put two tablespoons in your baby’s bathwater to help relieve diaper rash.
10. Relieve Windburn pain and Sunburn: Combine 4 tablespoons of baking soda and in one quart of water. Soak a rag in the mixture and gently apply to the affected area.