Did you know that getting the butt you’ve been longing for can easily be obtained at home? A gym offers weights to build resistance, which helps with muscle growth, but working out from home can be just as beneficial. If you’re looking to build a better butt from the comfort of your own home, these five best at-home butt exercises will help you isolate, build, and shape the perfect booty!
Since this butt workout is meant for home, you won’t need any equipment that isn’t already readily available. You’ll only need a chair and a yoga mat. If you want to get faster results, don’t be afraid to add a medium to heavy dumbbell into the mix. With that being said, completing this workout using just your own body weight will still be incredibly effective!
5 Best At-Home Butt Exercises
This butt workout is about mastering each move, so the focus is on reps and isolation. Beginners should complete four rounds at 10 reps, while intermediate levels should complete four rounds at 15 reps. For those at an advanced level, complete five rounds of 20 reps (all with no rest in between).
Since most of these exercises use a single leg, you’ll be able to rest one side while you work the other. For the single-leg exercises, complete both legs before moving on.
Single leg exercises are great for isolating weaker muscles. Working one leg at a time will allow you to focus on each of them individually, so that you end up with more athletic, symmetrical-looking legs!
Rest 30 seconds in between the rounds to keep your glutes active. Focus on isolation, glute squeezing, and form for best results.
- Squat to Chair: A perfect butt exercise that keeps your glutes fully engaged with each rep. Once your butt hits the chair, immediately go back up.
- Single-Leg Bridges: Isolation is always essential! Keep your core tight while you do these.
- Side Lunge to Curtsy: This butt exercise adds more shape to the sides of the glutes for a rounder appeal.
- Donkey Kicks: This is possibly one of the best isolation butt exercises. Be sure to give your glutes a nice squeeze at the top.
- Plank with Leg Lift: Get a tighter core and a better booty. Roll your abs toward your spine and hold for the full duration of this workout.
Healthy eating can trim your waist down while you build your butt. Try our 30-Day Eat the Pounds Away Challenge and Grocery List to make the best changes to your diet.
Squat to Chair
Side Lunge to Curtsy
Plank with Leg Lift
Are you going to try these best at-home butt exercises? If so, be sure to let us know how you feel after a few sessions!
Looking to take your home workouts up a notch? Try our 30-Day HIIT Home Challenge once you’ve mastered this butt workout.