Exercise is a fantastic way to burn calories and shed excess fat, but you also need to eat the right foods. Most of us are aware how essential it is to make healthy choices if we want to lose weight. One thing that some of us have yet to realize, however, is that dieting doesn’t actually have to taste like dieting. If you want to enjoy delicious foods while losing weight, you’re going to want to participate in our eat the pounds away challenge!
Why it Works
This challenge includes dozens of clean-eating recipes that are made with the healthiest of ingredients! There are many ways to make clean foods taste absolutely amazing without piling on a bunch of excess calories. Recipes made with whole, clean foods (like the ones below) will fill your belly and nourish your body without ever making you feel deprived!
The reason that a whole foods diet works so well is actually quite simple.When compared to processed options, whole foods generally have fewer calories. That means it’s easier to maintain the caloric deficit needed for weight loss.
For best results, find out How Many Calories YOU Should be Eating Daily to Lose Weight. By making these eat the pounds away challenge recipes, and eating the appropriate amount of calories for your body, you will lose weight!
The Power of Protein
For this challenge, we provide each meal’s protein and calorie information per serving. Protein is the most important macronutrient when it comes to weight loss, as it helps you tone up, recover faster, and even burn more calories throughout the day!
According to the National Institute of Health, the average healthy adult should aim for 0.8 grams of protein for every pound of body weight. For example, if you weigh 130 pounds, you’ll want to aim for approximately 104 grams of protein per day! Learn to Calculate YOUR Macros for Weight Loss to ensure that you’re eating the right amount for your body.
Maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise program are the two most important factors in any weight-loss plan. Flexibility is the third. We’re not talking about physical flexibility, but flexibility in your diet. We’ve designed this challenge to be extremely flexible so you have complete control of the recipes you make! The most effective diet is one that you are able to sustain long-term. Of course it helps when that diet is also tasty and nutritious!
Eat the Pounds Away Challenge
Below, you will find 30 days worth of high-protein, clean-eating recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and even dessert. Browse the recipe lists, pick a few from each category that you are interested in trying, and use the grocery list we’ve created to make your own personalized shopping list!
When you get home from the grocery store, we highly recommend spending some time meal-prepping so that you’re ready to take on the week! Check out the tips in our Busy Woman’s Guide to Meal-Prepping to further simplify the process.
If you stick to the recipes on this list and eat the correct portions for your body, you will notice a difference in the way you look and feel at the end of the 30 days!
Keep in mind that the majority of these recipes will make more than one serving, so you won’t necessarily have to cook a new meal every day! Hello, leftovers! Plus, we know you’re going to come across some recipes that you’ll want to make more than once.
Energy Boosting Breakfast
- PB & J Protein Shake — 19 grams of protein / 388 calories
- Chocolate Coconut Protein Breakfast Shake — 17 grams of protein / 288 calories
- Spicy Vegan Breakfast Tacos — 15 grams of protein / 293 calories
- Egg and Turkey Sausage Breakfast Tacos — 20 grams of protein / 334 calories
- Hummus Breakfast Bowl — 14 grams of protein / 354 calories
- Slow Cooker Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata — 12 grams of protein / 139 calories
- Oatmeal Blueberry Protein Pancakes — 40 grams of protein / 398 calories
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins — 16 grams of protein / 168 calories
- Souffle Omelette with Mushrooms — 6 grams of protein / 72 calories
- Greek Egg Muffins — 5 grams of protein / 45 calories
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups — 10 grams of protein / 92 calories
- Avocado and Egg Protein Wrap — 10 grams of protein / 317 calories
- Clean Eating Refrigerator Oatmeal — 11 grams of protein / 238 calories
- Pesto and Egg Breakfast Sandwich — 17 grams of protein / 381 calories
- Spinach and White Bean Breakfast Quesadilla — 15 grams of protein / 326 calories
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Lettuce Cups — 33 grams of protein / 382 calories
- Thai Chicken Veggie Salad with Peanut Dressing — 30 grams of protein / 263 calories
- Skinny Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps — 30 grams of protein / 376 calories
- Easy Black Bean Soup with Avocado — 22 grams of protein / 395 calories
- Skinny Chicken Tortilla Casserole — 20 grams of protein / 314 calories
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado — 25 gram of protein / 313 calories
- Mediterranean Chicken Kofta Wrap — 32 grams of protein / 461 calories
- Clean Eating Chicken Salad — 25 grams of protein / 291 calories
- Healthy Vegan Jambalaya — 11 grams of protein / 246 calories
- Warm Chicken Salad over Arugula with Creamy Dill Dressing — 20 grams of protein / 167 calories
- Clean Eating Chicken Fried Rice — 23 grams of protein / 266 calories
- 6-Ingredient Orange Chicken — 26 grams of protein / 387 calories
- Easy Tuna Casserole — 26 grams of protein / 437 calories
- Skinny Chicken Nuggets — 21 grams of protein / 240 calories
- Skinny Burrito in a Jar — 15 grams of protein / 191 calories
- Easy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken — 46 grams of protein / 285 calories
- Slow Cooker Easy Italian Meatballs — 31 grams of protein / 284 calories
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Casserole — 29 grams of protein / 374 calories
- Skinny Salmon, Kale, and Cashew Bowl — 22 grams of protein / 429 calories
- Chicken Fajita Power Bowls — 44 grams of protein / 534 calories
- Slow Cooker Healthy Meatloaf with Tomato Glaze — 32 grams of protein / 367 calories
- Turkey Sloppy Joes — 23 grams of protein / 167 calories (doesn’t include bun)
- Tuna Zucchini Noodle Bake — 18 grams of protein / 167 calories
- Skinny Chicken Parmesan Casserole – 35 grams of protein / 493 calories
- Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew — 23 grams of protein / 317 calories
- Stuffed Philly Chicken Peppers — 23 grams of protein / 259 calories
- Skinny White Chicken Enchiladas — 18 grams of protein / 316 calories
- Coconut Fried Shrimp — 20 grams of protein / 258 calories
- Pistachio Crusted Baked White Fish — 16 grams of protein / 248 calories
- Skinny Lasagna Rolls — 15 grams of protein / 240 calories
Simple and Satisfying Snacks
- Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats — 13 grams of protein / 145 calories
- Asian Chicken Wraps — 11 grams of Protein / 123 calories
- Garlic Lime Shrimp Skewers — 15 grams of protein / 108 calories
- Chipotle Honey Chicken Skewers — 19 grams of protein / 192 calories
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs — 7 grams of protein / 83 calories
- Spicy Tailgate Meatballs — 22 grams of protein / 139 calories
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips — 6 grams of protein / 99 calories
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms — 8 grams of protein / 146 calories
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Eggs — 13 grams of protein / 118 calories
- Baked Onion Rings — 11 grams of protein / 111 calories
- Tuna Cucumber Sandwiches — 9 grams of protein / 81 calories
- Sweet Potato Chips — 1 gram of protein / 58 calories
- Pizza Zucchini Boats — 7 grams of protein / 116 calories
- Carolina Style BBQ Chicken Skewers — 26 grams of protein / 162 calories
- Southwestern Kale Chips — 2 grams of protein / 88 calories
- Froyo Berry Bites — 4 grams of protein / 129 calories
- No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites — 6 grams of protein / 203 calories
- Slow Cooker Fudge — 1 gram of protein / 114 calories
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups — 3 grams of protein / 110 calories
- Almond Butter and Banana Sandwiches — 2 grams of protein / 114 calories
- Slow Cooker Bananas Foster — 2 grams of protein / 110 calories
- Quinoa Almond Joy Bars — 2 grams of protein / 94 calories
- Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters — 4 grams of protein / 106 calories
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake — 4 grams of protein / 138 calories
- Skinny Watermelon Sorbet — 2 grams of protein / 86 calories
- Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt — 10 grams of protein / 196 calories
- No-Bake Mini Apple Cheesecakes — 5 grams of protein / 165 calories
- No-Bake Lemon Berry Cups — 4 grams of protein / 118 calories
- Hearty Oatmeal Raisin Cookies — 13 grams of protein / 257 calories
- Sweet & Salty Chocolate-Covered Pretzels — 3 grams of protein / 155 calories
These recipes sound good, and they taste even better! Don’t put your fitness goals off a second longer. This challenge will prove once and for all that healthy food can be delicious too. Jump into our eat the pounds away challenge today!