Your house might actually be a gym in disguise!
To have a killer body, you don’t have to belong to a gym or own fancy equipment. There are many moves you can do in your own home with common household objects.
Here are 5 household items you can use in place of expensive exercise equipment:
1. Milk jugs. One full gallon-sized jug of milk weighs about 8.5 pounds, which is perfect for giving your arms a good workout. Try doing 2 or 3 reps of 10 bicep curls holding one jug with each hand. You can also hold one jug with both hands and do overhead presses.
2. Laundry detergent bottles. Laundry detergent bottles are also good dumbbell alternatives. A 72 ounce bottle weighs about 5 pounds.
3. Stairs. Use the original stair climber – stairs! For someone that is 140 pounds, just 30 minutes of walking up and down the stairs burns 175 calories. Running up and down the stairs is also a great way to combat cabin fever on bad weather days.
4. Chairs. Believe it or not, you can get a full-body workout using a simple dining room chair. For toned arms, try tricep dips. Stand in front of your chair with your back to the chair. Slowly lower yourself down until your legs form a 90 degree angle, and place your arms behind you, gripping the edge of the chair’s seat with your hands. In controlled movements, raise and lower your body to form a 90 degree angle with your arms. Aim for 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
You might also like 5 Easy Exercises to do at Work.
5. Your body. Did you know that you already have a fabulous piece of gym equipment with you wherever you go – you! You can use your body weight for all types of strengthening and toning exercises. You can find tons of yoga, pilates and kickboxing routines online as well as other exercise moves you can do easily at home, such as burpees, squats, pushups, and high knees. Try this fabulous Body Weight Workout.
Ready for more exercises you can do at home? Check out At Home Work-outs to Get You in Amazing Shape, 10 Minute At Home Fat Blasting Workout, and Beautiful Back Home Workout.
For more helpful fitness tips, like us on Facebook and check out our Pinterest Boards.