Tired of making up reasons for that after-dinner dessert or before-bed snack? Try this truth on for size: dessert is good for you. Here are seven reasons why you should eat that parfait that won’t test your imagination:
1. People bond over dessert. Sweet foods put people in better moods. Sharing dessert with your family and friends will positively affect how you interact, and will help create fond memories. Try one of these desserts to share with your loved ones.
2. Chocolate can be good for you. Research from John Hopkins shows that blood clots are less likely to form in individuals who eat chocolate. This is a significant health benefit since blood clots can lead to heart attacks. Get your chocolate fix here!
3. Greek Yogurt can curb your craving. The healthy benefits of Greek Yogurt are many: probiotics help support healthy digestion; it lowers blood pressure; and it is low in fat and high in protein, making it a perfect weight-loss snack. The best part, of course, is how delicious it is as a dessert. Get some ideas here.
4. Dessert can help you love yourself again. Dessert is not a reward system. You can have dessert even if you didn’t run 10 miles today or not eat lunch. Eat a healthy, delicious, sweet dessert and go to bed happy. Try some of these delectable darlings!
5. The right dessert can keep you healthy. Try an bowl of açaí for dessert. Its ability to improve the look of your skin, hair, and nails has given the açaí berry the nickname the “beauty berry.” This açaí vanilla ice cream can give you all the benefits of this proclaimed superfood.
6. Sorbet can be full of fiber. Try not to buy your sorbet from the store, though. You can make your own that is far healthier and even more delicious.
7. Eating before bed can help you fall asleep. With the evening comes the threat of eating your feelings, whether it is stress or sadness. Giving in a little to that urge can help relieve your stress and help you fall asleep. Try eating pairings of milk, soy, natural peanut butter, and bananas for a dessert to help you drift to dreamland.
There is a reason we crave dessert: it is good for our bodies and our minds. As long as you resist overdoing it, a sweet snack before bed is a good thing. Go to bed happy and healthy. Eat a dessert.