Cool off with this creamy indulgence!
If only all frozen treats could be as good for your taste buds and your waistline as this one! This vanilla frozen yogurt recipe contains no refined cane sugar, and it can be prepared with, or without, an ice cream maker. When you’re looking for low-sugar frozen yogurt, it doesn’t get any better than this.
You might also like our Skinny Mini Desserts, perfectly portioned treats that won’t wreak havoc on your diet.
Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups Greek-style yogurt plain, nonfat or low fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar or 1/4 cup honey
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium to a large bowl. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's directions, or for about 20- 25 minutes until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- For harder frozen yogurt or to store, place into an airtight container in the freezer. If storing for more than 24 hours, covering the surface with wax paper, and then placing on the lid, will prevent ice crystals from forming on the top.
- Alternatively, to make vanilla frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker, pour into a wide shallow container and freeze, uncovered for one and a half hours, scraping and mixing every half hour. Once evenly frozen, store in an airtight container with a lid.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Skinny Ms. recommends the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence™ 2Qt Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream Maker for frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbet, and sherbet recipes.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.