Dig into these fab fuss-free recipes.
Sometimes you just want hassle-free recipes you can whip up with little or no notice. Maybe your in-laws announced that they’ll be dropping by in a few hours. Perhaps it’s just so rainy and miserable you don’t want to trek to the grocery store – hey, we’ve all been there! No worries. When you’re in a hurry, check out these 9 Recipes Made with Ingredients You Already Own.
The easy ingredient recipes below incorporate foods found in most pantries. No need for a trip to the specialty health food store. No need to ask the grocery store stocker to help you hunt down some exotic veggie. You just need common, healthy ingredients to serve delicious meals.
Like all Skinny Ms. recipes, the meals below focus on clean eating ingredients that deliver the nutrients your body needs without excess fat, calories, or sodium. Think healthy protein, low-fat dairy, and superfood fruits and veggies. Many of these ideas are kid-friendly too, making them tasty choices when you need good-for-them recipes they’ll actually eat.
1. Chicken and Penne Parmesan CasseroleThis healthy casserole is an easy ingredient recipe to stick on your busy night go-to menu.
2. Skinny Chicken Nuggets
Ditch processed frozen nuggets and serve up this surprisingly simple comfort food clean-eating style.
3. Skinny Burrito in a Jar
This four-ingredient recipe uses items found in most pantries and refrigerators. Bonus: It takes less than five minutes to prepare!
4. Skinny Cottage Cheese PancakesYou’ve never had pancakes like these before! Light, sweet, and savory all at once, our skinny cottage cheese pancakes are peerless in their perfection.
5. Chunky Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Make lunchtime a breeze with easy ingredient recipes like this sandwich, which appeals to kids of all ages.
6. Clean-Eating Grilled Cheese
Warm up with this tasty recipe. We used shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, but shredded part-skim mozzarella works well, too.
7. Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho BoatsYou can satisfy your cravings for this classic Tex-Mex snack without worrying about your waistline by subbing in bell peppers for ordinary tortilla chips.
8. Chicken Noodle Bake
You’ll love this classic comfort food recipe with a casserole twist.
9. No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
You only need five baking ingredients to whip up this delish no-bake dessert recipe.
Want to discover more delicious, convenient clean-eating recipes? Check out our Pinterest boards Skinny Slow Cooker and Easy Recipes. Get the skinny on the latest meal ideas from Skinny Ms. by liking us on Facebook and subscribing to our newsletter.
What Skinny Ms. recipe makeovers do you want to see next? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.