A warm, buttery squash tinged with smoky flavors.
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious roasted squash recipe, this one will hit the spot. Sweet and tender squash is coated with a smoky, sweet rub, and roasted. It’s then topped with a spicy, flavorful pesto and some goat cheese. If you don’t eat a lot of winter squash, you’re missing out. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and you’ll often see it in many superfood recipes like this one. You can use any type of squash you like, or even sweet potatoes, in this recipe. This makes a nice side dish when served alone, or a delicious vegetarian entrée when served with the whole grain of your choice.
You might also like 17 Clean-Eating Recipes with Squash and Zucchini.
Adobo Roasted Squash with Jalapeño Cilantro Pesto
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 acorn squash peeled, seeded, and diced or butternut squash
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 onion small
- 1 cilantro small bunch, fresh
- 1 parsley small bunch, fresh
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- goat cheese crumbled, for serving
- brown rice quinoa or other grain for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the spices in a small bowl and mix well. Toss these with the squash and yogurt. Lay the squash in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- To make the pesto, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add a few drops of water to thin it out if necessary.
- Serve the squash topped with the pesto and goat cheese. Serve with your favorite whole grain for a complete meal.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.