Add protein to your breakfast with these filling pancakes!
When the holiday season rolls around, certain foods take the stage and liven up almost any meal, including breakfast. This holiday-inspired breakfast recipe features two holiday superstars: apples and cinnamon. This delightful cinnamon protein pancakes recipe even calls for clean-eating ingredients like applesauce, coconut oil, almond milk, and coconut flour. So, you can stick to your diet even over the holidays! Diced apple slices add juicy chunks of seasonal goodness, while cinnamon lends a sweet and spicy kick.
The best part? These pancakes pack a serious protein punch that’ll keep you full all morning long, thanks to egg whites and vanilla protein powder. With its protein-rich, low-fat nutritional profile, you can savor these heavenly pancakes without worrying about your waistline! The perfect treat on chilly Autumn mornings, these pancakes will warm your belly and bring smiles to everyone at the breakfast table. Imagine waking up to the candy-sweet aroma of baked apples and warm cinnamon. So much better than your alarm clock, right?
Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon protein powder vanilla
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple medium, peeled and diced small
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk and mix well. In a second bowl, combine the protein powder, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Gradually add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the diced apple.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Drop 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil onto the hot skillet. Once melted, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, or until pancakes begin to bubble in the center. Carefully flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove pancake from the pan and repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Grease the skillet with the remaining coconut oil in-between cooking the pancakes as needed.
- Serve hot, if desired top with maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, or your favorite jam!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms