Love fried apple pies? Then you'll really love this healthier version.
If you’re anything like us, you’re always looking for deliciously satisfying dessert and snack ideas that don’t also come with a side of guilt. This recipe has got you covered! Apple Pie Flautas are good enough to make your mouth water, but they’re only made with 100% clean ingredients. And, with fewer than 200 calories per serving, you can feel good about this particular indulgence.
Our flauta recipe with apples will be a hit with the kids, too. Who doesn’t love coming home to something sweet, warm, and gooey for after-school snack? Add this fall apple recipe to your list of favorites.
Apple Pie Flautas
- 4 golden delicious apples large, seeded, peeled, and diced into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- dash kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure butter
- 14 whole-wheat flour tortillas 6 inch
- Add apple pieces, 2 tablespoon coconut sugar, cinnamon, flour or cornstarch, salt, and butter to either the slow cooker or a large pot. If using the slow cooker, stir ingredients and cook on low approximately 2 hours, or until apples are tender. If using a pot, cover and cook on low heat until apples are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of apple pie filling in the center of each tortilla, roll the tortilla as tightly as possible, place seam side down. Either spay each flauta with cooking spray oil or brush with a little melted coconut oil. Sprinkle the tops with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp on the outside. Allow to cool at room temperature until the filling has cooled down enough to eat.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms