This fast fall dessert is elegant and easy!
Cooler air and crunchy leaves are two clear signs that Autumn is upon us. That said, there’s nothing quite like the rich, creamy taste of pumpkin to really put you in the mood for fall! Although tradition tells us to dive headfirst into pie this time of year, we’ve decided to try something a bit different. Let us introduce you to our pumpkin cheesecake shooters!
A Match Made in Flavor Heaven
We took mom’s favorite pumpkin pie and cheesecake recipes, and combined the two into something truly magnificent. Don’t worry though, we took the best parts of each of them! Of course, taking classic recipes and putting a healthier spin on them is something that we’re known for, so this one is no different!
Healthier Ingredients for a Guilt-Free Dessert
Instead of a traditional slice of pie, we chose to serve up our pumpkin cheesecake in little, single-serving glasses. Our 3-ingredient crust is made using heart-healthy almonds, coconut oil, and unrefined coconut sugar. Serving this treat in per-portioned mini glasses allows you to satisfy your sweet tooth without overindulging.
Next, we cut the fat by using light cream cheese in place of full-fat cream cheese. The pumpkin puree not only improves the flavor, but provides a delightful texture as well! Adding coconut sugar kicks up the sweetness in a natural way, while pumpkin pie spice adds in that warm nuttiness we’ve grown to know and love from pumpkin desserts.
Not only do our pumpkin cheesecake shooters look super cute, but they taste amazing also! Plus, each one is only 250 calories! Not bad for a holiday dessert, eh?
Your New, Easy, Go-To Treat!
This simple yet luscious, no-bake dessert takes just 30 minutes to create and will very likely eclipse pumpkin pie as your all-time favorite dessert! Whip up a batch of these delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters and see why we love them so much! They’re perfect for parties, bake sales, and cozy fall evenings with your family.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters
- 1/2 cup almond optional walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ounces lite cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 8 cinnamon sticks for decoration, optional
- In a small food processor, pulse nuts, coconut sugar, and coconut oil together until they become the texture of fine crumbs. Spoon an equal amount into the bottom of 8 shot glasses, or layer the crumbs with the filling, my personal favorite :-).
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and coconut sugar. Beat until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Mix in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Once light and creamy, divide equally into shot glasses or dessert dishes.
- Finish off each shot glass with a dollop of whipped topping. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon or any remaining crumbs.
- OPTIONAL: In two separate piping bags, add pumpkin mixture to one and 1/2 cup whipped topping to the other. Pipe pumpkin mixture over crumbs, followed by whipped topping. Sprinke on a dash of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or any remaining crumbs.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of these tasty pumpkin cheesecake shooters? Were they a hit at the holiday party? We want to know! Share your thoughts in the comment section, below!
Want More Tasty Pumpkin Treats?
We have plenty more delicious, “skinny” pumpkin desserts to choose from! Try one of these delicious recipes next:
If you’ve never thrown chocolate chips in your pumpkin bread, you’ve seriously been missing out! This yummy bread makes a great breakfast treat, snack, or dessert.
This is one the kiddos and adults alike will go crazy for. Moist chocolate cookies filled with sweet pumpkin cream? What’s not to love?!
We love warm muffins, especially when it’s cold outside! Rich pumpkin combined with chewy raisins makes these muffins a scrumptious option for breakfast or dessert!
For more Autumn-inspired flavors, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest. If you want to get the best recipes and more delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our eNewsletter.