These yummy cups make the ultimate Asian-style appetizer or light lunch!
With their scrumptious flavor and low-carb nutritional profile, Asian lettuce cups are getting a lot of attention lately. These nutritious Asian Ground Chicken Cups are no exception! The oh-so-simple recipe calls for lean ground chicken, clean veggies, and garnishes like bell pepper, and grated ginger. Large lettuce leaves cradle the chicken and veggie mixture and offer a cold, juicy contrast to the warm and chewy meat.
Bean sprouts top the vibrant lettuce cups, adding a delicate crunch to the dish. As a plus, we’ve chosen lower-sodium soy sauce to keep your salt intake in check. These yummy cups make the ultimate Asian-style appetizer to treat your dinner party guests or to enjoy as a light lunch!
Asian Ground Chicken Cups
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 inches ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup bean sprouts well cleaned (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce optional tamari
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves large
- 2 scallions sliced
- Add ground chicken to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Allow to cook until there is no pink color and chicken is cooked through. Drain off any fat and place chicken in a bowl while preparing other ingredients.
- Add to the same skillet the sesame oil, ginger, bell pepper, and (optional) sprouts. Cook on medium-low for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for one minute more. Return chicken to skillet and add soy sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Fill each of the lettuce cups with an even amount of the meat mixture. Top with fresh scallions and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the chicken cups? Hungry for more skinny twists on your favorite recipes? Let us know! Leave a comment below.