A quick and easy Mediterranean tart that will become your new favorite snack!
Ditch the potato chips and cookies. Eat this much more refreshing and nutritious snack instead! With spring weather starting to kick in, why not enjoy fresh ingredients and light flavors? This asparagus, cherry tomato, and feta tart is the answer to snacking woes. You can make it in less than an hour with only a little prep. Sounds like the best kind of recipe, right?
This light, flaky tart is made from whole wheat puff pastry and topped with vegetables and seasonings that inspire Mediterranean flavors. Simply sauté the veggies, roll out the dough, top it off with whisked egg and feta cheese, and bake till golden brown! Doesn’t that sound simple? Your whole family will love these crispy treats.
Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Tart
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced into strips
- 1 whole-wheat puff pastry sheet thawed
- 10 to 15 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half length-wise
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll the puff pastry dough to 1/8 inch thick and about 9X11 in size. Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top the dough with the onions, leaving - inch space at the edges. Fold the 1-inch edge in half to create height along the edge of the tart. There should now only be 1/2 inch of space along the edge.
- Line up the asparagus on top of the onions with the tomatoes. Whisk the eggs well and pour over top of the asparagus. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the tart cool for a few minutes before cutting into 6 pieces.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
The Skinny Ms. kitchen is always cookin’—subscribe to our newsletter for access to our latest clean-eating recipes.