What could be better than pizza for breakfast? How about a breakfast pizza loaded with protein, fiber, and tons of flavor? With less than 5 ingredients, this healthy pizza recipe is perfect for busy mornings. Avocado Breakfast Pizza is simply a tortilla topped with avocados and a fried egg. Let the yolk of the fried egg burst open onto your pizza and dip each slice into the yolk. The rich flavor of the egg is complemented perfectly by the cool, fresh taste of avocado. Yum!
This healthy avocado dish is the perfect way to reap all of the nutritional benefits of avocado.
Yields: 2 Breakfast Pizzas | Serving Size: 1 Breakfast Pizza | Calories: 299 | Total Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 186 mg | Sodium: 84 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |
- 2 whole grain tortillas (6 inch diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, warm tortillas in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado and lemon juice. Mix well until the mixture has a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread avocado mixture in an even layer on both tortillas. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet greased with the olive oil at medium heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Break eggs and gently add to the skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Place warm eggs on top of the tortillas and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to ourdaily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.