Our avocado hummus also makes a guilt-free snack you can enjoy any time of day!
Guacamole teams up with hummus in this mouthwatering mashup of two delicious dips! Our nutritious avocado hummus recipe calls for clean ingredients like garbanzo beans, avocado, tahini, and a splash of lime juice. Minced garlic gives the dip a bold, aromatic kick, while extra virgin olive oil lends a smooth finish.
Buttery avocado pairs perfectly with nutty chickpeas, offering a host of health benefits. Aside from contributing to this recipe’s rich texture, avocados contain more potassium than bananas and are loaded with heart-healthy, cancer-fighting properties. Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, contain essential protein and dietary fiber. The paired superfoods make a killer healthy combo!
This no-effort dish asks you to add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree. Done! Dish up this recipe for a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at your next dinner party. Our avocado hummus also makes a guilt-free snack you can enjoy any time of day! Pair with these Easy Whole-Grain Pita Chips for an irresistibly scrumptious snack.
- 1 avocado ripe, peeled and pitted
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor.
- Puree on high until smooth.
- If a thinner dip is desired add some water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, and puree, adding as needed until desired consistency is achieved.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the dip? Let us know! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.