Guacamole teams up with hummus in this mouthwatering mashup of two delicious dips! Our nutritious avocado hummus recipe calls for clean ingredients like garbanzo beans, avocado, tahini, and a splash of lime juice. Minced garlic gives the dip a bold, aromatic kick, while extra virgin olive oil lends a smooth finish.
Buttery avocado pairs perfectly with nutty chickpeas, offering a host of health benefits. Aside from contributing to this recipe’s rich texture, avocados contain more potassium than bananas and are loaded with heart-healthy, cancer-fighting properties. Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, contain essential protein and dietary fiber. The paired superfoods make a killer healthy combo!
This no-effort dish asks you to add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree. Done! Dish up this recipe for a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at your next dinner party. Our avocado hummus also makes a guilt-free snack you can enjoy any time of day! Pair with these Easy Whole-Grain Pita Chips for an irresistibly scrumptious snack.
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 168 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 238mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor.
- Puree on high until smooth.
- If a thinner dip is desiredm add some water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, and puree, adding as needed until desired consistency is achieved.
Love the dip? Let us know! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.