An excellent source of protein that will keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
Baked egg breakfast muffins seem to be all the rage right now. And why wouldn’t they be? What a great way cut the carbs by getting rid of toast or English muffins! SkinnyMs. has jumped on the bandwagon and made our own Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins. Of course, we’ve added veggies and used Canadian bacon to skinny it up a bit!
These muffins can be made ahead and reheated as a quick breakfast on busy mornings, or taken to a brunch with friends. They’re an excellent source of protein and will keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
Watch this video to see how to make Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins.
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 4 eggs large
- 4 Canadian bacon slices pre-cooked and nitrate-free, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese low-fat, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, Canadian bacon, red bell pepper, onion, and sharp cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are puffy and set.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Try our Breakfast Egg and Veggie Muffins for a vegetarian breakfast muffin option! What’s your favorite egg breakfast muffin recipe? Let us know in the comments!