Baked egg breakfast muffins seem to be all the rage right now. And why wouldn’t they be? What a great way cut the carbs by getting rid of toast or English muffins! SkinnyMs. has jumped on the bandwagon and made our own Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins. Of course, we’ve added veggies and used Canadian bacon to skinny it up a bit!
These muffins can be made ahead and reheated as a quick breakfast on busy mornings, or taken to a brunch with friends. They’re an excellent source of protein and will keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
Watch this video to see how to make Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 168 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 614mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 16g | SmartPoints: 5
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices of diced Canadian bacon (pre-cooked and nitrate-free)
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of grated low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, Canadian bacon, red bell pepper, onion, and sharp cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are puffy and set.
Try our Breakfast Egg and Veggie Muffins for a vegetarian breakfast muffin option! What’s your favorite egg breakfast muffin recipe? Let us know in the comments!