Veggies in a muffin? You bet! These gluten-free muffins rely on potatoes and zucchini for their bready consistency. With nothing but 100% wholesome ingredients, these muffins make a perfectly satisfying snack on-the-go. They also work as a healthy side to any meal in place of fattening bread rolls.
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese adds rich indulgence to each bite. Diced onion and black pepper offer a dash of bold flavor. In addition to being mouthwateringly moist, these little delights are a cinch to make! Simply whisk the ingredients together, pop them in the oven until golden-brown, serve, and enjoy!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2 muffins | Calories: 175 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 390mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 1g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1/2 cup grated potato
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup (reduced-fat) cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until fluffy.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake until set, about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.