This tasty bar is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. It’s full of healthy starch to give you lasting energy, unrefined sugars for sweetness, fiber for good digestion, and even omega-3s for your heart and brain. Its easy have a delicious treat and support your body at the same time!
Banana Blueberry Bars
- 1 cup dates pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries frozen
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, soak dates in apple juice for 10-15 minutes. Lay a piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that the paper overlaps and is flat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix and set aside. Place bananas and vanilla extract into a blender. Remove dates from apple juice and set aside. Add the strained juice to the blender and blend until creamy. Add dates to the blender and pulse a few times so the dates are in small pieces.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in the blueberries and walnuts. Using a spatula, pour the batter into baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Find more SkinnyMs. breakfast recipes here!
If you love slow cooker recipes, you have to follow us on Facebook to browse through our impressive collection of recipes and videos!