This tasty bar is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. It’s full of healthy starch to give you lasting energy, unrefined sugars for sweetness, fiber for good digestion, and even omega-3s for your heart and brain. Its easy have a delicious treat and support your body at the same time!
Sprout Wellness Center is a hub for women’s wellness. Our recipes are created using minimally processed ingredients that are derived from plants. At Sprout Wellness Center, we provide nutrition and culinary experiences tailored for each individual woman. Available services include wellness packages, grocery store tours, private cooking classes, and kitchen makeovers. Sprout is a gentle, loving, and healing guide for women striving to find their happiness in health. You can follow Sprout Wellness Center on their blog and on Facebook.
Yields: 9 bars | Serving Size: 1 bar |Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 6.3 g | Saturated Fat: 0.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 3 mg | Carbohydrates: 50.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g | Sugars: 23 g | Protein: 6.4 g | SmartPoints: 11 |
- 1 cup dates, pitted and halved
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, soak dates in apple juice for 10-15 minutes. Lay a piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that the paper overlaps and is flat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix and set aside. Place bananas and vanilla extract into a blender. Remove dates from apple juice and set aside. Add the strained juice to the blender and blend until creamy. Add dates to the blender and pulse a few times so the dates are in small pieces.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in the blueberries and walnuts. Using a spatula, pour the batter into baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Find more Skinny breakfast recipes here!