Even if you're not a cabbage fanatic, you’ll love these scrumptious cabbage wedges!
Even if you’re not a cabbage fanatic, you’ll love these scrumptious cabbage wedges! Before now, your relationship with cabbage might’ve been limited to chopping the vegetable and tossing it in a salad. Here at Skinny Ms., we’ve discovered a mouthwatering cabbage-prep method that’ll blow your taste buds away – roasting! Cabbage turns brown and fork tender when you use your oven to transform an ordinary vegetable into something deliciously extraordinary.
Vegan and gluten-free, this foolproof recipe calls for just a few wholesome ingredients, including cabbage, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, Dijon mustard, and some spices. Red pepper flakes give each wedge a zesty kick, while black pepper adds a bold finish. These roasted beauties make a unique, tasty side dish to any main meal. With minimal prep time and simple instructions, these spicy roasted cabbage wedges come together in a matter of minutes!
Spicy Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- 1 head green cabbage medium, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Dijon mustard, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Brush all sides of cabbage wedges with oil mixture. Place wedges on a large baking sheet. Cover wedges with foil and roast 45 minutes, remove foil and roast an additional 10 minutes or until golden and fork-tender. If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more unique SkinnyMs. recipes? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site.