So pretty, so refreshing, so totally delicious.
Yields: 4 salads | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup | Calories: 222 | Total Fat: 14.6 g | Saturated Fat: 1.9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 18 mg | Carbohydrates: 24.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g | Sugars: 16.2 g | Protein: 2.4 g | SmartPoints: 9 |
- 4 cups crisp torn red-leaf lettuce
- 20 (2-inch) cubes or triangles watermelon, seeded, drained
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cut bite-size
- 20 bite-size broccoli florets, blanched 3 minutes, cooled
- 2 tablespoons diced Almonds
- WATERMELON DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine Watermelon Dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 luncheon plates. Place watermelon, pears, and broccoli florets among leaves. Sprinkle with almonds; drizzle with shaken Watermelon Dressing.
This simple, fresh recipe is featured in the cookbook, Fast & Fabulous Soups, Salads and Sandwiches. Visit the talented Best of the Best publisher, authors and creators, Gwen McKee and Barbara Moseley, here at Quail Ridge Press.